Saturday, May 31, 2014

Remembering the TWISTEX Team: The Memorial Site

Recently, the StormTrackerWx team and it's May 2014 tour attendees were able to pay a visit to the make-shift TWISTEX memorial that is located off Reuter Road in El Reno, OK. This was a very humbling experience for all of us. Since the memorial was put up, it has been a goal of mine, and many others on our trip, to get the chance to visit it. Well, we made it and it was an experience that I, nor our team, will ever forget. To be able to pay respects to Tim, Paul, and Carl was a pretty extraordinary experience. Today, I just want to share a few photos with you, so that those of you who haven't had the chance to see the roadside memorial can experience it too.

Overall view of the memorial.

Close-up view of the plaque placed on the make-shift roadside memorial.


Here we can see Jason just taking a second to reflect on the moment and pay his respects to Tim, Paul, and Carl.

I've been waiting for this moment for such a long time. Here you see me paying my respects to 3 men I deeply admired.

Here,  Jason is documenting his experience at the TIWSTEX memorial.

Devin, Jake, and John take a second to pay their respects at the memorial site in El Reno, OK.

Just a slightly more artistic view of the TWISTEX memorial.

A close-up of the memorial's contents.

After some careful thought, I decided that I want to post the short commentary that I filmed while at the site. I apologize for the quality, it is not the best and the video is very busy, but I just wanted to share the thoughts I was having at the moment with you.



Jason is working on a special project for today. Stick around for today's post.
As always like us on Facebook and follow us on twitter for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment